If you’re planning on making a trip overseas, don’t forget that other countries have different power systems. That’s right! Your power plugs won’t fit into the outlets overseas. And don’t try to force the plug in. Not only is the plug shaped differently, the voltage and frequency are probably different. You will risk damage to your electronics, and possibly cause a fire. So, before you go, you’ll need to get a power adapter/converter.
There are many brands of adapter out there. But we found the Mocreo adapter to be a great option.
- Covers more than 150 countries. You don’t need a new adapter for each tour.
- Contains two USB ports, so you don’t waste a plug with a USB adapter when charging your electronics.
- Easy to operate.
- Safe to use. It has two fuses, and built in safety precautions so only one plug type can be selected at a time.
- Folds into a square with no protruding parts.
- It is heavy. Sometimes it would fall out of the wall socket due to weight. It also sticks out far out of the wall. It adds 100 grams of weight to your pack.
- It is not compact.
- The white version has a blue glow that may disturb your sleep. I’d recommend the black version.
- This does not convert the voltage, it just changes the plug. Make sure what you’re plugging in can support the different voltage. Most electronics can, but some can’t. Check before you plug it in.
AC: 6A Max. 100-240Vac 50/60 Hz
USB: 2100 mA Max. +5Vdc
Warning: AC-AC. No voltage conversion. USB is for charge only. Indoor use only. No grounding.
If you’re planning on traveling to many different countries, this adapter will definitely meet your needs.
Disclaimer: All opinions about any products mentioned in this article are my own. I have not been compensated in any way by anyone. I will, however, receive a small commission if you choose to purchase the item from Amazon after clicking the link.